Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Challenged for OS-VPN credentials when no VPN is configured

OS 10.12.6 on Mac Mini. Running a second user account. Primary account has NordVPN configured, secondary does not.

Whenever I try and use the Internet using any appropriate app (Safari, online game) I am prompted for my native Mac OS VPN credentials. Sometimes entering nothing 10+ times will stop the process, but it typically returns at some stage.

Do I need to spring for the upgraded version of EtreCheck?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 5:57 AM

Why in the world are you using a VPN?

VPNs are intended to provide a secure connection to a private network. So-called public VPN services are nothing more than glorified proxy servers and will do more to compromise your privacy and security than protect it.

The solution is to get rid of the VPN entirely. It serves no legitimate purpose.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 5:57 AM in response to Simon Birkett

Why in the world are you using a VPN?

VPNs are intended to provide a secure connection to a private network. So-called public VPN services are nothing more than glorified proxy servers and will do more to compromise your privacy and security than protect it.

The solution is to get rid of the VPN entirely. It serves no legitimate purpose.

Challenged for OS-VPN credentials when no VPN is configured

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.