Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Tracks Workout but Exercise Ring Doesn't Update

Hello- I just went on a 52 minute, 2.5 mile walk. I tracked the workout on my apple watch where it logged successfully, showed the path I took, time, distance, heart rate, everything it's supposed to. It also saved successfully. However but exercise ring only says i exercised for 6 minutes, not 52. I looked up other articles and forums to help troubleshoot but wasn't able to get anywhere. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Again, the workouts are tracking fine, but the exercise ring isn't syncing with the workout. Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 7:28 AM

3 replies

Apr 14, 2020 8:23 AM in response to ANLochead

Try this;

To force reset your Apple Watch, press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for about 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo.

And the exercise ring measures for how many minutes your heart rate was at 75% of maximum or higher,the exercise ring measures time not distance.

Apple Watch Tracks Workout but Exercise Ring Doesn't Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.