Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working on iPhone XS

How do I fix iPhone XS iMessage?

the other day my phone notified me someone with a Mac Pro book tried logging in my info I’m assuming I was hacked and it advised me to change my password on Apple ID so I did and I removed the Mac Pro book that popped up on my phone because it’s not me since then my iMessage isn’t working with my phone # it only signs me in with Apple ID to email setting and I don’t want that I want to check mark my phone # but it doesn’t let me how can I resolve this problem?its been saying activation unsuccessful this has been very frustrating if you can help ASAP with this issue.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 9:38 PM

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Read the above then follow all the steps here...do not leave any steps out !

If your phone number is unchecked and you can't select it, or you have some other issue, follow these steps:

1. On your Mac:
    • In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. Click Sign Out.
    • In FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Sign Out.
  1. On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod:
    • Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  1. On your iPhone:
    • Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.
  1. Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Before you do the above change your Apple ID password Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support Change it On the Web not on your phone and not on your Mac, then check Messages and if you still have the same issue do all the above steps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 9:38 PM in response to Torieb37

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Read the above then follow all the steps here...do not leave any steps out !

If your phone number is unchecked and you can't select it, or you have some other issue, follow these steps:

1. On your Mac:
    • In Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. Click Sign Out.
    • In FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Sign Out.
  1. On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod:
    • Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
    • Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  1. On your iPhone:
    • Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
    • Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.
  1. Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices. 

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Before you do the above change your Apple ID password Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support Change it On the Web not on your phone and not on your Mac, then check Messages and if you still have the same issue do all the above steps.

iMessage not working on iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.