Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble using iMessages on both iPhone and MacBook Pro

My partner bequeathed to me a MacBook Pro and I have an iPhone XR

After trying ALL of the various ways to reinstall clean as if on a brand new machine, even using a brand new AppleID that has no no connection to the information stored from past attempts AND clearing NVRAM (it is an Intel-based MacBook) this is what happens:

I start iMessages and log in with the new AppleID. My iPhone is NOT logged in with any AppleID.

iMessages asks me to enter AppleID and password.

It starts, obviously with no knowledge of past us of the iPhone, so with zero messages.

Whether I start to use it or just wait, after a short pause I am kicked out and back to the

"log in with AppleID" page

Please help.

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 7:32 AM

khoamahalo wrote:

After trying ALL of the various ways to reinstall clean as if on a brand new machine, even using a brand new AppleID that has no no connection to the information stored from past attempts AND clearing NVRAM (it is an Intel-based MacBook) this is what happens:

I start iMessages and log in with the new AppleID. My iPhone is NOT logged in with any AppleID.

It starts, obviously with no knowledge of past us of the iPhone, so with zero messages.
Whether I start to use it or just wait, after a short pause I am kicked out and back to the

Please help.

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 7:32 AM in response to khoamahalo

khoamahalo wrote:

Please help.

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on ...

trouble using iMessages on both iPhone and MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.