Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth issues with 2018 MacMini

Hello,

I have a recurring issue with the bluetooth connection on my 2018 Mac Mini.

Several times a week it will happen that both my bluetooth mouse and my bluetooth headphones would suddently stop working for no reason.

I would then have to either restart my mac mini or turn on and off the bluetooth settings to manage to connect the two devices again.

I was wondering if someone in the community had been faced with a similar problem and has a fix to offer to this very annoying issue.

I think there is also a procedure to 'reset the bluetooth settings' but I don't know what it is and I am not sure if this could be a permanent fix to my problem.

Thank you very much for anyone who will spend some time trying to help me solve the problem.

Best regards.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 3:53 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 16, 2020 8:34 AM in response to Dr-Chemist

Poorly shielded USB-C and USB 3 cables, plus some display cables can cause WI-Fi and BlueTooth problems.

see > Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Sometimes moving those devices and cables away from your wireless devices helps. Other times it requires replacing a thin poorly shielded cable with a better cable.

Apr 17, 2020 12:54 PM in response to den.thed

Thank you very much for your answer but I don't think that the problem comes from poorly shielded cable in my case.

I think what might help solve the problem is for example if I would first try to reset the bluetooth settings on my mac mini but I do not know the procedure to follow to do this...is there anyone who has already done it on his Mac who could help me out?

Thanks!

Bluetooth issues with 2018 MacMini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.