Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacMini 2018 bluetooth issue

I've been using mac mini for almost a year and I am facing issues with bluetooth on this device. The problem is that suddenly mac disconnects all my bt peripherals(mouse, keyboard, headset) and keeps them disconnected for a couple of minutes. On the other side I do not have this issue with other pc's (Lenovo, Toshiba, HP), nor mobile phones, tablets(Andorid/iOS).

Does anybody know if there is an open issue for this? Does anybody know what is the fix for this issue?

This is really annoying because I am loosing peripherals in the middle of calls and cannot use pc unless I use wired keyboard or mouse in order fix the issue manually.

thanks

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 7, 2021 1:21 AM

7 replies

Oct 7, 2021 7:45 AM in response to svar0g

Poorly shielded TB 3, USB-C, USB 3.0 and Display cables and devices can cause both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues.

see > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

Try moving your cables and cabled devices to one side of the Mac Mini away from your bluetooth devices to see if that helps.

If not, try disconnecting your cabled devices one at a time to see if you can isolate which cable or device is causing the issue.

Oct 7, 2021 9:12 AM in response to hcsitas

Here is the list of devices connected to the mac:

Bluetooth:

• keyboard: logitech k380
  • headset: sony wh-ch510
  • mouse: logitec mx anywhere 3

devices connected to TP - none

devices connected to usb A port: id card reader, usb hub with flash drives

dell monitor 21", not sure about the model, connected over DVI->hdmi cable

nearby(3m away) the mac is a router that has 2.4 and 5ghz ap for other devices in house.

Oct 7, 2021 8:23 AM in response to den.thed

The thing is that there is no cables, my mouse is like 10 cm away from mac mini, keyboard is like 20-25cm away. I use the same setup(monitors, ethernet cables, etc.) for other pc's, no issues whatsoever. I had experience with the wifi on mbp, found the intel document about usb 3.0 issue. But wifi works just fine, this is the only issue with the bt.

Anyways, thank you for you time and effort, unfortunately I believe it is due to poor design of the device and components quality.

regards,

s

Oct 7, 2021 9:47 AM in response to hcsitas

I tried all permutations and combinations, I would say that mac has an issue as it is proven with MBP and wifi. To be more fun, headset is from Sony and it sill happens. I also tried to use wired mouse/keyboard and the same issue happens with the headset.

Also, I am using the same peripherals with other pc's and I did not encounter issues. Even Linux handles this fine...

Thanks (:

MacMini 2018 bluetooth issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.