Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Gen 2 / 3 / 4HD

Home sharing is just not working on all 4 Apple TV’s with regard to loading my photos library. I have iMac, Catalina, with latest updates...Apple TV’s have latest updates,,,All apps are updated. I have deauthorised and reauthorised my mac. I have rebooted my router. I have restarted and reset my ATV’s, All devices are signed into same Apple ID.

Home Sharing just does not work as presented by Apple. All I seem to get is “cannot load photos” and check all the above options.

This appears to be a Catalina problem as I had no problems with El Capitan, Sierra, HIgh Sierra and Mojave. Extremely frustrating... Has anyone an answer???? Please.....

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 7:20 AM

On the Mac with macOS Catalina, select the “Share photos with Apple TV” option, then select which photos you want to share.

Set up media sharing on Mac - Apple Support

9 replies

Apr 18, 2020 3:39 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you Urquhart1244 however have gone beyond this. Through Apple support and Apple communities and "Googling" the procedure for Home Sharing (Catalina) is not the issue. There is an issue deeper with regard to connectivity between IOS and Apple TV. Searching the net shows many examples were users are experiencing the same problem with no successful resolution. This dates back sometime. A lot of suggestions from various users but nothing from Apple???

Apr 18, 2020 3:47 PM in response to Tangels1

This is a user forum, you are't going to see any responses from Apple here.

These type of symptoms often come back to the network and will require further troubleshooting. If you have done investigation then it would require reiterating in detail what has been done in order to receive proper assistance.

The issue is not with the update, as I and most others are running it without issue. This is a support forum so there will be reports, but had there been a widespread issue then it would be consistently full of reports and this thread alone would have received numerous responses.

Ultimately I suggest you contact Apple support so you can deal with them directly.

Apr 18, 2020 3:58 PM in response to Tangels1

There is an issue deeper with regard to connectivity between IOS and Apple TV.

There is no Home Sharing between iOS and Apple TV. Home Sharing is between computers and other devices (including Apple TV).

Searching the net shows many examples … This dates back sometime.

All that other stuff is beyond the scope of your specific forum question relating to your specific situation. Bringing different issues to the table is not helping you or them. I can’t ask unnamed others for clarification.

A lot of suggestions from various users but nothing from Apple???

This is a user-to-user forum. Such is the nature of this information channel.

Apr 19, 2020 2:08 PM in response to Tangels1

I might have a hint, Catalina has changed the scope of sharing.

Check out your adjustments in [on your Mac] System Prefs > Sharing > √ Media Sharing > [YourLibraryName] & √ Home Sharing & √ Share photos...

Then revisit your TV boxes Home Sharing icon and do the AppleID** sign in process (the Library name will be offered) - enjoy.

** Settings on the TV box should be reviewed as well.

Also, I have noticed (don't know if it's just me or not) the settings above seems to forget, I've had to recheck boxes every so often and also within the TV app on the Mac to "reauthorize computer" and restart Apple TV box often. I think there is a bug in my software or such - I have not seen other complaints.

Apr 22, 2020 3:33 PM in response to Don Mclellan

Thank you Don...Sorry for late response...

Had tried, and retried, all configurations to the point I had forgotten which ones I had tried??

Whilst searching the web one article indicated I should try changing "Computer Name" in Sharing. Tried this and all now works OK. As I mentioned I am not all that computer literate but this was the answer. Tks

Apple TV Gen 2 / 3 / 4HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.