Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email "TO" & "FROM" Addresses Changed After Receiving Update

After receiving a system update, all of my incoming and outgoing emails show a completely different name in the "TO" and "FROM" fields. My email address is correct, but "TO" and "FROM" have changed. For example, my correct name was John Smith, and my email address was jsmith@123.com. Now, all email that I receive and send have the incorrect name of Mary Smith in the "TO" and "FROM" fields, but the email address of jsmith@123.com remains correct. How do I correct this issue?

MacBook Air

Version 10.15.4

Mac OS Catalina

Email Version 13.4

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 4:30 AM

ShawmutRR wrote:

After receiving a system update, all of my incoming and outgoing emails show a completely different name in the "TO" and "FROM" fields. My email address is correct, but "TO" and "FROM" have changed. For example, my correct name was John Smith, and my email address was jsmith@123.com. Now, all email that I receive and send have the incorrect name of Mary Smith in the "TO" and "FROM" fields, but the email address of jsmith@123.com remains correct. How do I correct this issue?

MacBook Air
Version 10.15.4 Mac OS Catalina

I would make a change in your Contacts app to reflect the correct name.

Also from Mail>Preference>Viewing you can uncheck "Smart Address"

Use Smart Addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

—if no resolve you can rebuild mailboxes:

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 4:30 AM in response to ShawmutRR

ShawmutRR wrote:

MacBook Air
Version 10.15.4 Mac OS Catalina

I would make a change in your Contacts app to reflect the correct name.

Also from Mail>Preference>Viewing you can uncheck "Smart Address"

Use Smart Addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

—if no resolve you can rebuild mailboxes:

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Email "TO" & "FROM" Addresses Changed After Receiving Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.