Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

strange local lan issues - can't access local NAS IP

Something recently happened such that I no longer can access my NAS on the local lan. All computers are on a single subnet, and other Mac's and PC's can access the NAS using the NAS's IP address. Until today, my iMac could also access the NAS using the NAS's IP address. Something changed on my iMac today. I have tried both Safari and Chrome browsers (on the iMac), neither can access the NAS IP, both browsers time out. I have cleared the cache in safari along with deleting all cookies, that didn't work. I went into keychain and deleted the self-signed certs for the NAS, that didn't work. I'm at a loss for what to do, this issue is isolated to my iMac, which had no problem in the past. Something changed and I don't know where to look to resolve the matter. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:08 PM

If anyone has this issue, turns out that I had set my MTU to jumbo frames (9000), and it messed with my network bond (one connection had an MTU set to 1500, and the other to 9000). Setting this back to standard corrected the issue and I am now able to connect to the NAS using the NAS's IP address.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 11:08 PM in response to bwanajag

If anyone has this issue, turns out that I had set my MTU to jumbo frames (9000), and it messed with my network bond (one connection had an MTU set to 1500, and the other to 9000). Setting this back to standard corrected the issue and I am now able to connect to the NAS using the NAS's IP address.

strange local lan issues - can't access local NAS IP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.