Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NAS connected via ethernet: "There was a problem connecting to the server "---.---.---.---"

I get this error whenever I connect to my shares on my Synology NAS, which is connected to my iMac via ethernet.

The frustration is that there ISN'T a problem. At all. The iMac then goes ahead and connects.

If my iMac goes to sleep, and loses connection, I need to reconnect using 'Go'-->'Connect to server' in finder, I get the same error. Again, on clicking 'OK' it connects anyway.

It's an afp:// address.

Why am I having this issue? I'm also using a PC, and that connects and stays connected, even from sleep, via Wi-Fi, but my iMac complains of a problem whenever connecting to shares on my NAS on either Wi-Fi or ethernet.

I have recently done a clean install of Catalina, and this issue didn't go away.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 27, 2020 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 2:00 PM

Does this apply?

NAS Access in Catalina issues - Apple Community

Similar questions

7 replies

NAS connected via ethernet: "There was a problem connecting to the server "---.---.---.---"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.