Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina Update - No longer able to connect to NAS with mobile accounts

I had an end user update his MBP and now they are no longer able to connect to our NAS with their mobile account. I've tried a few things that I thought may work, but so far haven't found anything. Does anyone else know how to fix this? This all worked before the update was installed.

Things that I've tried

• Reboot
  • Unbind from domain
  • Add a new mobile account
  • Remove their password from keychain
  • Create /etc/nsmb.conf file that contains [default] on the first line and port445=both on the second line
  • I can ping the NAS
  • Create a local account (local accounts seem to be able to map to the NAS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 5:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 5:06 AM

Carmelita112,

My issue was with a computer that had MacOS version 10.14 (Mojave). I then upgraded to 10.15 (Catalina) which solved my issue of mobile users not being able to mount network drives. This can be done by going to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683 and towards the bottom under "Download macOS using Safari on your Mac", select the version you would like to upgrade to. In my case I picked "macOS Catalina 10.15".

-Thanks

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2021 5:06 AM in response to carmelita112

Carmelita112,

My issue was with a computer that had MacOS version 10.14 (Mojave). I then upgraded to 10.15 (Catalina) which solved my issue of mobile users not being able to mount network drives. This can be done by going to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683 and towards the bottom under "Download macOS using Safari on your Mac", select the version you would like to upgrade to. In my case I picked "macOS Catalina 10.15".

-Thanks

MacOS Catalina Update - No longer able to connect to NAS with mobile accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.