Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download photo from icloud to camera roll

Can i bring my photo from icloud back to my camera roll

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 2:18 AM

When you open a photo on Photos to view it enlarged (zoom in on the photo) it will be downloaded from iCloud and be accessible for other applications.

If you want to have all iCloud photos and videos to be stored locally on the iPhone as well, disable "Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos > Optimise ..." and switch this to "Download and keep originals". This will only work, however, if you do not have too many photos and videos in iCloud. Yoe need enogh free storage on the iPhone to keep all photos stored locally.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 2:18 AM in response to Icloud345

When you open a photo on Photos to view it enlarged (zoom in on the photo) it will be downloaded from iCloud and be accessible for other applications.

If you want to have all iCloud photos and videos to be stored locally on the iPhone as well, disable "Settings > Your Name > iCloud > Photos > Optimise ..." and switch this to "Download and keep originals". This will only work, however, if you do not have too many photos and videos in iCloud. Yoe need enogh free storage on the iPhone to keep all photos stored locally.

Download photo from icloud to camera roll

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.