Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast message - Unable to play. Something went wrong. Try again later

I have iTunes on my PC and use this device to manage my podcasts, music etc. I then synch the PC with my iPhone 6s.

Everything has been working fine for many years until yesterday when I tried to play a BBC podcast on my iPhone and received the above message.

The podcasts play as normal on my PC suggesting it is something to do with the phone or iTunes but I'm not sure which.

I've looked online and can't find much about the problem or how to resolve it.

I've updated the iOS to 13.4.1. I've re-started my phone. I've un-synched then re-synched the podcasts from my PC to the phone again.

Does anyone know anything about this problem and how to fix it?

Many thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 5:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 5:50 AM

Hi chris-g1, thank you for responding. I really appreciate that.

I ended up having to call Apple Support direct and they have fixed the problem. They tried one or two minor amendments to the settings on my phone but this made no difference.

In the end they uninstalled the Podcast App, reinstalled it and synched my PC with the phone and it now works.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 5:50 AM in response to chris_g1

Hi chris-g1, thank you for responding. I really appreciate that.

I ended up having to call Apple Support direct and they have fixed the problem. They tried one or two minor amendments to the settings on my phone but this made no difference.

In the end they uninstalled the Podcast App, reinstalled it and synched my PC with the phone and it now works.

Apr 22, 2020 3:22 PM in response to Lulu G

Hello, Lulu G.

I understand that you have encountered a hiccup when playing a podcast on your iPhone 6s. I’m glad to take a look at this with you.

From your post, it sounds like you are only encountering this issue with a BBC podcast. Is this correct? If so, could you tell me the name of the podcast? I want to test it on my own iPhone.

Are you able to download the podcast directly on your iPhone and listen to it? Can you stream it? Listen with Apple Podcasts

When you say that it plays fine on your PC, are you using iTunes or an alternate podcast app? Or is it that you are listening to it from the BBC website?

Are you otherwise able to access the Internet? For instance, can you view websites in Safari and access the App Store?

Be Well.

Podcast message - Unable to play. Something went wrong. Try again later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.