Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

scanning from an HP printer?

i have an hp8630 and 8600.

i am trying to scan FROM THE PRINTER so i don't have to use the mouse and the PREVIEW APP while sitting at the desktop. obviously this is NOT convenient.

if i go into SCAN on the printer i can then select USB STICK or NETWORKED FOLDER or COMPUTER.

if i select COMPUTER it says:

to scan to a computer make sure the feature is enables. MAC OS X: HP Scan software is required for this feature. if installed, open HP utilities. under scan settings select Scan.

so i go into APP > HP utility and i ENABLE scanning after having to disable scanning on another printer because apparently it only wants to see one printer.

so this does not let me scan and i get a prompt from the HP that is the SAME as the original one. so i TURN IT OFF and restart. this does not work either.

now i am downloading the software and the firmware but the firmware is not updating and instead is cycling through like this.

any ideas? do i need to reinstall softare for some reason before i resintall firmware? do i need to reboot the computer? not think about it for 40 days (or four years) and try again?

THANKS

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:54 PM

Try installing it in Safe Mode...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

2 replies

scanning from an HP printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.