Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front Camera not working following IOS 13.4 update

I'm using an iPhone 7 Plus and after i updated the os to 13.4.1 my front camera works perfectly fine on the app but on 3rd party apps (facebook,messenger,insta,snapchat, etc.) rear camera works but when I flip it to front the app would freeze. I did the restart, relaunch, reset settings, reinstall apps, but none of it fixed the problem. I even did a DFU restore but still no luck.

Just wondering if anyone knows a fix for this or if I’m just going to have to put up with it until the next update?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 6:03 PM

Nexusdonut Said:

"Just wondering if anyone knows a fix for this or if I’m just going to have to put up with it until the next update?"

-------

Inform Apple of This:

The only way around this at the moment is to provide Apple feedback on this. They won't get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this issue, the more they will fix and how. Inform them of how you came across it, when it began, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.

Provide the Feedback...

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.
66 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2020 6:03 PM in response to Nexusdonut

Nexusdonut Said:

"Just wondering if anyone knows a fix for this or if I’m just going to have to put up with it until the next update?"

-------

Inform Apple of This:

The only way around this at the moment is to provide Apple feedback on this. They won't get back to you directly, but the more they hear of this issue, the more they will fix and how. Inform them of how you came across it, when it began, and how you have troubleshot it thus far.

Provide the Feedback...

May 16, 2020 10:56 PM in response to Kathie_ri

please give the feedback

Inform Apple of This:

Provide the Feedback...

May 16, 2020 10:57 PM in response to Nexusdonut

Inform Apple of This:

Provide the Feedback...

Jun 8, 2020 6:03 PM in response to marysia147

marysia147 Said:

"I’m having the same exact problem and I don’t think Apple is going to release an update that’ll fix it I’ve updated my phone twice after the incident and complained to apple as well apple basically cane up with some bs saying it’s my phone not the update and that I’d have to pay to get it fixed"

-------

For the Sake of it:

Provide your feedback - Doing so, it will come out in upcoming updates, I'm sure.

Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Jun 10, 2020 1:08 PM in response to marysia147

It's not your phone and I hope someone from Apple is reading this. When I had this problem, I was advised that it must be a hardware problem with my phone and I got a brand new one. Guess what? The problem was still there!! That's when I went digging on google and found others with the same problem and linked it to the IOS update. Now here's the next interesting piece. My camera magically started working about 2 weeks later and I didn't do anything! I wish I could pinpoint a new app or setting but don't remember doing any changes whatsover. So still a mystery and the front camera luckily is still working. Apple, are you reading this??

Front Camera not working following IOS 13.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.