Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro sound quality with MBP is awful

I just got AirPods Pro and the sound quality with my 2014-ish MBP is awful. It is similar to listening to AM radio back in the 80's. They sound great with my iPhone. Is there a fix ? A setting? My SkullCandy $30 bluetooth headphones sound better with my MBP, but I got the AirPods for the meetings I'm on all day and needed a better microphone and the noise canceling. Help???

Terri's MacBook Pro 15"

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2020 4:59 PM

Hello,

Try resetting your AirPods.

Reset your AirPods

5 replies

May 18, 2020 1:20 PM in response to Teresa Gustafson

I'm having a very similar problem on my mid 2014 MacBook Pro, but only with Zoom meetings. Same thing, I bought the AirPods Pro specifically to work online and while they sound great on every other device, and in Safari on the MBP, with Zoom they sound terrible, as you say like an AM radio in the 80s...

Any ideas? The resetting the AirPods on my iPhone seems unlikely to fix that, and to be honest on the phone the sound great.

AirPods Pro sound quality with MBP is awful

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.