Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing - is my Mac corrupted?

Last night I received and opened what I later realized was a phishing attempt. Tragically, I opened the attached pdf.

I’ve already forwarded the email to Apple support.

How can I find out if my computer has a virus or is corrupted now? And I guess I need antivirus software now, right?

I appreciate any help.

MacBook Air 13", 10.12

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:21 AM

If you just opened the .pdf file, and did not provide any information, your computer should not have been compromised.

On the other hand if you provided any information, please consult: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you notice any unusual activity, or changes in performance it might be advisable to use Malwarebytes for Mac.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 7:21 AM in response to 100FuzzBuzz

If you just opened the .pdf file, and did not provide any information, your computer should not have been compromised.

On the other hand if you provided any information, please consult: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you notice any unusual activity, or changes in performance it might be advisable to use Malwarebytes for Mac.

Phishing - is my Mac corrupted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.