Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Won't Connect together

I've had both my left and right AirPods replaced in the past month. I haven't been able to listen to music with them in 8 weeks because now my replacements won't connect together. if I put both of them in the charging case at the same time, the case flashes amber and never turns green or white. When connected separately I found both replacement AirPods to be running different firmware versions. What do I do? this is so frustrating and not worth 200$ I paid for them. My AirPods were both replaced separately weeks apart. the originals stopped playing sound and there was no physical damage. Now both replacements refuse to connect together at the same time no matter how many times I forget the device, or how I try to reconnect them. My iPhone is running the most recent software, so it is not an issue of my phone. What do I do? I'm at my wits end

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Unfortunately you will need Apple to release the firmware to consumers for the latest version of the Air Pod’s so both can then be updated to the same version. If the stores were open then you could go in to them and get the issue resolved by the store swapping the Air pod’s for a complete replacement pair.

I have a problem with one of my Air Pod 2 ear pieces not going above a whisper at full volume & after going through Support troubleshooting, it needs replacing. I have refused to send it in to be replaced for this very reason & asked for the support ticket be noted with the reason why I am prepared to wait for the Stores to reopen for this to be resolved. I have had to buy a cheap pair of clone “Air Pods” off of eBay in the meantime which I am not happy about having to do so, but they actually work as well or better (which is strange considering they cost 1/10th of the price of genuine Air Pod’s)!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2020 1:58 PM in response to cora1999

Unfortunately you will need Apple to release the firmware to consumers for the latest version of the Air Pod’s so both can then be updated to the same version. If the stores were open then you could go in to them and get the issue resolved by the store swapping the Air pod’s for a complete replacement pair.

I have a problem with one of my Air Pod 2 ear pieces not going above a whisper at full volume & after going through Support troubleshooting, it needs replacing. I have refused to send it in to be replaced for this very reason & asked for the support ticket be noted with the reason why I am prepared to wait for the Stores to reopen for this to be resolved. I have had to buy a cheap pair of clone “Air Pods” off of eBay in the meantime which I am not happy about having to do so, but they actually work as well or better (which is strange considering they cost 1/10th of the price of genuine Air Pod’s)!

Apr 23, 2020 2:06 PM in response to MyNameIsOliverQueen

Thank you so much for confirming that this issue with the AirPods isn't me. I've been beyond frustrated trying to get this resolved, and worried that this has used up my AppleCare for an issue that isn't my fault. It's worse that this happened in quarantine and we can't go into the stores which has compounded this issue. I've been mailing the AirPods back and forth and been on the phone with them multiple times. Really aggravating. Original AirPods were less than a year old too. Not worth the 200$. I really appreciate your quick response. I will be doing the same thing when the stores reopen. Thank you!!

AirPods Won't Connect together

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.