Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail: send attachment

I'm attaching a PDF to an email. It is appearing as an open document in the body of the email. I want it to be as an attachment, not as the PDF itself in the body. I found a solution that says to enter the following in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool YES

I closed the Mail application, entered the line above in Terminal, and opened Mail. It didn't work. I did find that you can right click the inline attachment in each email and select "View as Icon", but I was hoping to be able to do something that would affect all emails.

By the way, at the top of the Terminal window, this appears:

The default interactive shell is now zsh. To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh`.

I did not do this. Is this why Terminal didn't work?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 7:17 PM

The viewing option only affects your computer, not the mail recipient's. Try adding a blank page to the PDF document. Multiple page documents should always show as attachments.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apple Mail: send attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.