Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard case for MacBook Air?

Hi everyone! I'm looking for the best way to protect my 2020 MacBook Air. I've read that hard cases (the kind that kind of clip on and stay on) aren't the best for this type of notebook, because of overheating. Does anyone have an opinion on this? What's your recommendation for the best way to protect the exterior of my laptop? Thank you!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 8:23 PM

What you heard is correct. External cases or "skins" impede proper heat dissipation, meaning your Mac won't be able to perform as well as it could. Besides, they will trap dirt and abrasive contaminants resulting in scratching the case anyway.

Don't use them. Read Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 8:23 PM in response to ATrpcevs

What you heard is correct. External cases or "skins" impede proper heat dissipation, meaning your Mac won't be able to perform as well as it could. Besides, they will trap dirt and abrasive contaminants resulting in scratching the case anyway.

Don't use them. Read Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures.

Hard case for MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.