Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Computer Return with FedEx.

Has anyone had problems with FedEx? I returned a malfunctioning 16" MacBook Pro that malfunctioned within the 14 day return period. In the same pickup, I returned the sleeve case that I ordered with it because I didn't like how tight it was. I printed out the return labels and put them on the boxes. FedEx picked them up 2 days ago, and I can track the package with the sleeve in it, but can't track the laptop. Apple hasn't received the info about it and I didn't realize that the tracking number was actually on the ship label. Is that normal? The driver didn't give me any receipt or anything.

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 3:31 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Apr 26, 2020 4:29 PM in response to John Galt

No. When you click on "start a return" on the Apple Website, they give you a button to "Print Return Label". I did that, then the next button said "arrange pick up", and I did that. I had 2 items to return, so when the FedEx page came up to arrange the pick up, I made it for 2 boxes. I put the labels on the boxes, and the next day, FedEx picked them up. I didn't make copies of the labels which the FedEx person I talked to told me I should have done, but I have never had to return an Apple computer before. This has been extremely frustrated because I am trying to work from home like a lot of people, my 5 year old Mac has a dying battery, and has a fan bearing or 2 wearing out and sounds like a buzzsaw. I ordered a 13 inch MacBook Pro and waited and waited for it and Apple kept pushing out the delivery day. I finally ordered an off the shelf 16 inch that has better specs than the custom 13 I initially ordered and the 16 is defective. I am getting almost NO work done because of this, and I know that Covid is having an effect on all of this. But I expect more of Apple and FedEx. sorry for venting.

Apr 26, 2020 4:43 PM in response to John Galt

The support guy I got on the phone was very through and we went thru a ton of trouble shooting and restore routines all to no avail. He sent me over to online ordering and we ordered a new one that will be here tomorrow. Its just very un-nerving that one of the items is trackable and the other, 3000 dollar one is not.

Apr 28, 2020 3:04 PM in response to John Galt

FedEx has sent me a letter confirming that they delivered it to Apple. Apple won't acknowledge that they received it. If I don't get a confirmation from Apple that they received this laptop, and soon, I am going to have to take it up with my credit card company and I hate to do that with Apple. I have always gotten nothing but good service from Apple but they are really screwing this up and not even letting me help them figure this out.

Apr 28, 2020 3:36 PM in response to jchastn

Why so concerned? It seems as though everything is working the way it should. Perhaps not as quickly as any of us would prefer, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Apple needs to go through their own machinations related to having received it, directing it to the correct place, and so forth. You'll either get confirmation of that or a replacement on its way to you.

Apr 28, 2020 6:02 PM in response to John Galt

I wouldn't be so concerned if I hadn't returned 2 packages to Apple at the same time. One was documented with emails from Apple at the start when FedEx picked it up, and when it arrived. The other package, the laptop, Apple didn't acknowledge the pick up, or the arrival that happened yesterday. There is nobody at Apple that you can call to confirm that they know they took delivery of it, or the correct tracking number or anything. Very unusual. And since I was inside the 14 day refund window, I ordered a replacement at the same time I returned this one. That puts the price of 2 machines on my credit card and no guarantee that they will find the machine they don't know that they have.

Apple Computer Return with FedEx.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.