Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No D#4 in Logic

When I press the keyboard key that should trigger midi #63, which is the pitch D#4, Logic Pro X makes no sound. All other keys work as they should. When the oct+ key is pressed, that same physical key sounds D# one octave higher. The physical key one octave lower now triggers on sound. The program, Midi Monitor, shows note on, note off, as all keys are pressed and released, including the key that is producing on sound. All this indicates the problem is not with either of my keyboards.

When either keyboard is used with Garageband or the Arturia synth program Pigments as a standalone, all keys work. This indicates no signal loss or corruption by the computer (MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) prior to reaching these programs.

When viewing the piano roll editor in Logic, there is a virtual keyboard that shows a dot on any key being played. This is how I know the key is d#4. Dots on all keys when pressed except d#4. No dot. No sound. Also, when you mouse click on any key a dot appears and the pitch sounds. Clicking on d#4 shows a dot and the tone sounds. Same thing if you use the computers typing keyboard. This indicates Logic can produce that note, but not via midi signal.

The above is the problem. This is what I have discovered and done so far.

I read that deleting the preference files might cure such problems. Did that, no fix. I read that deleting old midi drivers might work. Found one,(EmagicUSBMIDIDRIVER.plugin). Deleted it, no fix. Next I deleted the entire Logic program, emptied the trash, and reinstalled the program. Guess what, No Fix. Can anyone help. Thanks!!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 9:20 AM

Did you try Menu Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces? If it "fixes" the problem, then you have a controller assignment. Find it and delete it.

BTW: Deleting and reinstalling the Logic application usually fixes nothing. This is also the case for most macOS applications.

WD

Similar questions

4 replies

No D#4 in Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.