Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookPro keeps restarting

Hello, I got a brand-new MacBookPro 16" (purchased April 1),3 Ghz 16 Go Catalina 10.15.4. But every time it is in sleep mode, it restarts with error messages appearing.

I already tried reinstalling OS and the Safe Mode, but the problem continues.

I use another Mac (MacAir, 2019) running on Mojave with no problem, many of the files are shared.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I paste the last error log as an image into this message (I don't know how to do it differently).

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:39 AM

This is a known issue.

sleep issue/restarts

The work around before a software update is issued by engineers

>System preferences>Energy Saver> disable power nap in both battery and power source options

Change Energy Saver preferences on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 29, 2020 3:26 AM in response to leroydouglas

Dear leroydouglas, thanks so much for your reply. I disabled power nap and the problem disappeared. And it's helpful to know that the engineers are working on a software update! In the meantime, disabling power nap seems to take care of the problem. I wonder why such simple and workable a solution is not communicated directly by Apple.

MacBookPro keeps restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.