Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 16 inch not fully charging

Hi all,

I seem to have a new strange issue with my MacBook Pro 16 inch.

When I leave it overnight charging, on the original charger and cable, it only charges to 87-91%, the exact amount varies.

In the morning I have to disconnect the cable and plug back in to initiate the remaining of the charge, then it will go to 100%.

As if the charging process crashes overnight - I say As if as there is no indication of crashes.

I did an SMC reset last night and that didn't help.

Just wondering if someone else had the issue, I'll be contact Apple Support later today.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro 16", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 6:25 AM

Phantom007 wrote:

Hi all,

When I leave it overnight charging, on the original charger and cable, it only charges to 87-91%, the exact amount varies.

In the morning I have to disconnect the cable and plug back in to initiate the remaining of the charge, then it will go to 100%.

As if the charging process crashes overnight - I say As if as there is no indication of crashes.

Just wondering if someone else had the issue, I'll be contact Apple Support later today.

Thanks,

Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 6:25 AM in response to Phantom007

Phantom007 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

Macbook pro 16 inch not fully charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.