Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does preparing to ship take?

I ordered the 2020 MacBook Air with a custom configuration of 16 GB ram and i7 processor. My order just moved from processing to preparing to ship on Monday. How long does it usually take for it be shipped after this stage, if anyone has experience with this sort of order?

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:48 AM

Here's how it went for me. I know when trying to research the same topic as you this is the sort of answer I was looking for.

I ordered a 27-inch iMac with a memory upgrade. The whole process took 13 days for me. I'm sure there are lots of things that can make an order take longer, but this is how it went for me.

Order Placed: July 22nd

Processing: July 23rd

Card Charged: July 25th

Preparing to Ship: July 28th

Shipped: July 29th

Delivered: August 4th

298 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 10:48 AM in response to applepro2020

Here's how it went for me. I know when trying to research the same topic as you this is the sort of answer I was looking for.

I ordered a 27-inch iMac with a memory upgrade. The whole process took 13 days for me. I'm sure there are lots of things that can make an order take longer, but this is how it went for me.

Order Placed: July 22nd

Processing: July 23rd

Card Charged: July 25th

Preparing to Ship: July 28th

Shipped: July 29th

Delivered: August 4th

Aug 11, 2020 11:52 AM in response to applepro2020

I am having the same problem a placen an order for a macbook pro on the 27 of july and today i got an email telling me that the delivery date has change at it will be arriving from september 2 to 11. I called customer service and they cant tell me why. Worst customer service ever. If i knew that the mac will take almost two months to arrive i wouldnt even place the order. I start classes next monday and i am not getting my mac.

if you guys have the option to pick it up at the store do it.

Aug 14, 2020 9:37 PM in response to applepro2020

I know plenty of people are searching for answers and stumbling across this thread (like myself) so I wanted to give as much info as I can to help you out.

Ordered: July 31

Card Charged: August 7

Preparing to Ship: August 10

Shipped: August 11

-Arrived in ZhengZhou China on the 12th and stayed for 2 days.

-Arrived in Korea on the 14th

-From here it’s expected to go to Alaska, Memphis, then to me. Estimated delivery August 19th.

Based on other comments/stories/reddit posts I would say you can definitely expect the process after it ships to take at least 7 days. Longer if there’s issues with customs/bad weather/or you’re in a highly impacted Covid area.

As someone who is out of work until their laptop arrives (HP envy crashed after 5 years), I completely understand how insane it feels to spend so much money and have to wait so long.

Also- in case anyone was wondering:

I ordered a MBA 8gb ram, 1tb storage, i5 processor (for work).

Aug 15, 2020 10:17 AM in response to applepro2020

I Ordered MBA last July 25

Card was charged: August 7

Preparing to Ship: STILL August 7 and is not even moving AN INCH from China. based on the invoice, it should shipout by August 13 yet no progress. expecting to receive it by Sept. 3 as what is said.

Hope they can show their concerns for us buyers by giving us hints why it's taking so long. it's actually even harder to wait since the item is already paid. All I need is an assurance that it will be sent safe and sound on the said date. That's it.

Aug 15, 2020 10:31 AM in response to ftmbrz12

I’m also posting just I case anyone else was looking for answers!

I ordered the 13 inch MacBook Air with 8GB memory + 512GB storage and two engraved AirPod pros on Sunday, August 9.

The AirPods shipped out Tuesday, August 11. Estimated shipping according to FedEx is Monday, August 17. So I should be receiving them in a few days & it is a little earlier than what Apple estimated in their email (August 20-24).

My MacBook didn’t ship out until Thursday, August 13, but it arrived the following day due to next day shipping. It shipped from somewhere in Southern California, about an hour and a half away from me.

My AirPods did go through customs and luckily for me, they didn’t get stuck for too long. I’d say about two days!

How long does preparing to ship take?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.