Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Making Clicking Noise

My MacBook Pro has been periodically making a clicking noise that seems to be coming from the right side of the laptop, near the headphone jack. It seems to be random whenever it starts and it always varies for how long the noise lasts for. Sometimes the clicking sound speeds up and it sounds like my computer is about to take off for flight. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to this or found a solution?

I tried googling it and it said that it is possible that there is dust in the fan of the computer and that's why the noise is happening, but I haven't seemed to find any solutions

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 7:30 AM

alexandrakgrove wrote:

My MacBook Pro has been periodically making a clicking noise that seems to be coming from the right side of the laptop, near the headphone jack. It seems to be random whenever it starts and it always varies for how long the noise lasts for. Sometimes the clicking sound speeds up and it sounds like my computer is about to take off for flight. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to this or found a solution?

I tried googling it and it said that it is possible that there is dust in the fan of the computer and that's why the noise is happening, but I haven't seemed to find any solutions

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /TouchBar is this

or

what exact macOS you are currently running?

clicking sound right side sounds like a mechanical HD— typically not an issue, unless it is.

Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 7:30 AM in response to alexandrakgrove

alexandrakgrove wrote:

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /TouchBar is this

or

what exact macOS you are currently running?

clicking sound right side sounds like a mechanical HD— typically not an issue, unless it is.

Call (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

MacBook Pro Making Clicking Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.