Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID - Iphone needs to "warm up"

I have a brand new 11Max. It's never been dropped, wet, or mistreated. Always in a case and have had it for less than 5 months. First 4.5 months it has been the perfect phone (came off android bc of the buggy experience). However, the past 2 weeks, my phone has given me issues with my Face-ID. First it won't work, at all. and just says that I need to enter my pass code to enable it. But after doing that, it still won't work to open the phone or to open apps.

I went to set a 2nd appearance, and I got an error that my phone needs to "warm up"!!???

I spoke to support and they have never heard of this. We did a diagnostic, then restored the phone to brand new, and after a few tries it finally let me set up my face-id... but once again, the issue persists.

Has anyone out there seen this?

I know in the big scheme of things this is a 1st world problem, but I didn't almost $1500 to manually log into my "cutting edge" iphone...

I kinda of just want them to replace the phone.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 9:45 AM

I called support and they had never heard of this. We went through all of the prescribed fixes (restart, restore to new, audit logs) and didn’t fix the phone.

They sent the file to engineering and they replaced my phone.

Luckily the phone was only a few months old and I have AppleCare.

Similar questions

3 replies

Face ID - Iphone needs to "warm up"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.