Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID broke?

Face ID broke?

All the sudden when swiping up on Lock Screen it would never do Face ID I had to keep entering my passcode. Tried a bunch of restarts which didn’t help. In settings it showed Face ID with mask was off so wasn’t sure if that was the issue so reset Face ID completely. Then I couldn’t even set up Face ID it said, “Face ID Is Not Available”. Did more restarts and let phone sit off for a while.

I can’t even set up Face ID anymore, just will not scan my face. Currently isn’t giving that same error.

What’s going on!!? Losing my mind on this. Not doing a full phone reset either. Is it cuz my facial hair has grown in more in the past week?! Never was an issue before. This used to be flawless. My other iPhone is fine. And yes I’ve cleaned the sensor. Front camera works. And I do have a screen protector that doesn’t cover the notches that I’ve had for almost a year now that has worked fine. Other phone has same screen protector and works fine.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2022 7:45 AM

See this support article:--> If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

and/or this one:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If, after performing all the steps provided in the above support articles, the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this specific link:--> Apple Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2022 7:45 AM in response to NY Andrew

See this support article:--> If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

and/or this one:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If, after performing all the steps provided in the above support articles, the issue persists, contact Apple Support directly, using this specific link:--> Apple Support , or make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple - Find Locations - Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Jun 11, 2022 8:37 AM in response to ProustGiulio

You probably don’t have the answer to this, but how does Best Buy operate? Call rep didn't troubleshoot so that tells me it sounds like hardware issue or common problem. True Depth camera is separate lens and that cost a good chunk to replace but I’m under warranty so wondering if they’re just gonna swap the phone or if Best Buy actually will take apart and diagnose/replace the camera/lens if that’s the issue? Not sure if they’re qualified/allowed to do that. To me sounds like it’ll be a swap because of warranty.

Jun 11, 2022 8:45 AM in response to NY Andrew

Given that Best Buy is an AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) as per this page:--> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/services/apple-service-repair/pcmcat1554741516170.c?id=pcmcat1554741516170, before going there, I'd contact Apple Support directly, using the specific link I provided in my previous reply. They will suggest you the best available solution.

Regards

Giulio

Face ID broke?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.