Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

face id has stopped working and now won't let me reset it.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.6. Face ID used to work great, but it recently became intermittent, i.e., would often require entering passcode. So I tried to reset Face ID in settings. Now when I try to set up Face ID from scratch, it says, "Get Started." But then it says Face ID not available, or it says wait until the phone warms up and then try again. The phone is inside in normal temperature. I've rebooted a couple of times. Nothing seems to work. I'm not wearing a mask, the camera is not covered, etc. The front camera works well enough to take a selfie at least.

Has anyone had this problem? Any recommendations?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 8:45 AM

BVMalumUser wrote:

I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.6. Face ID used to work great, but it recently became intermittent, i.e., would often require entering passcode. So I tried to reset Face ID in settings. Now when I try to set up Face ID from scratch, it says, "Get Started." But then it says Face ID not available, or it says wait until the phone warms up and then try again. The phone is inside in normal temperature. I've rebooted a couple of times. Nothing seems to work. I'm not wearing a mask, the camera is not covered, etc. The front camera works well enough to take a selfie at least.

Read here If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 8:45 AM in response to BVMalumUser

BVMalumUser wrote:

Read here If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

face id has stopped working and now won't let me reset it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.