Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PNG Screenshots done in Macbook Pro not showing on iPhone/iPad Mail app iOS 13 not loading

Hi there,

I just created an email which contains pictures (PNG file format), basically screenshots using my 13inch Macbook pro, that worked no problem in Macbook Pro.

However the problem came when I sent myself the same email I made, containing the PNG files in the email. What shows/appears in my iPad Pro/iPhone XS Max are just small boxes, that has no way of loading or what. To add, this was after choosing to "Download Full Images" after it was just showing just text.

Question is: Is there a problem with iOS 13 in their ability to read PNG files? even since it's coming from a Macbook?

Is there a work around? My concern is that my client/or receiver of the email will be seeing the same thing. Which would disrupt the flow and look of the email to be sent.

iPhone XS Max

Posted on May 2, 2020 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 7:32 AM

Hello micsp2002,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with screenshots in Mail.

Are you using Optimize Photo and Video Storage with iCloud Photos?

I ask, because if the Photo isn't fully downloaded, it may not be uploading to the Mail message before sending? Check if Optimize is enabled using this article under the section titled "Store your photos and videos in iCloud": Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Try downloading the photo before adding it to your email message using this article: Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 7:32 AM in response to micsp2002

Hello micsp2002,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with screenshots in Mail.

Are you using Optimize Photo and Video Storage with iCloud Photos?

I ask, because if the Photo isn't fully downloaded, it may not be uploading to the Mail message before sending? Check if Optimize is enabled using this article under the section titled "Store your photos and videos in iCloud": Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Try downloading the photo before adding it to your email message using this article: Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

PNG Screenshots done in Macbook Pro not showing on iPhone/iPad Mail app iOS 13 not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.