Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My iPhone notification sound playing and I didn’t request it?

My iPhone just played the Find My iPhone notification sound. It only played once and stopped playing without me tapping on anything. No notification popped up on my screen and I’m not connected to a family sharing account, so it couldn’t have been that. Was this just a malfunction, or could someone else have my account information?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 11:26 AM

Do you have an Apple Watch?

did you accidentally press the “ping iPhone” button in the watch control centre?

this is exactly the behaviour of that button if tapped.

If held, the camera flash will also flash with the single ping.

no notification will display in either case. This is a local Bluetooth ping.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 11:26 AM in response to CurlyKaedy

Do you have an Apple Watch?

did you accidentally press the “ping iPhone” button in the watch control centre?

this is exactly the behaviour of that button if tapped.

If held, the camera flash will also flash with the single ping.

no notification will display in either case. This is a local Bluetooth ping.

May 6, 2020 7:10 AM in response to CurlyKaedy

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

However --> If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple ...

Find My iPhone notification sound playing and I didn’t request it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.