Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Sharingd from starting automatically?

Sharingd is consuming almost 140-200% of my MacBook air's CPU and is heating it up. It starts automatically even after force quitting it. All of the sharing options are disabled in system preferences and even the bluetooth is off.

I'm running on macOS Catalina version: 10.15.4

please help me to stop sharing and possibly I don't want to use Safe Mode.

Thanking you in anticipation.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 7, 2020 3:56 AM

9 replies

May 9, 2020 10:33 PM in response to Barney-15E

yesterday I noticed something unusual. When I was running Da Vinci Resolve, sharingd automatically started and when I forced quit it, Resolve showed me error. I tried this 4 times and I received 4 errors. So is it possible that Da Vinci resolve is responsible for it? If yes then I wan't it not to start automatically.

Thanking you for your previous support. :-)

May 10, 2020 4:46 AM in response to TDS_Resh

So is it possible that Da Vinci resolve is responsible for it? If yes then I wan't it not to start automatically.

I have no idea what resolve is, much less how it interacts with the OS. This is the description of sharingd, so I have no idea why Resolve would have any affect on it:

sharingd is used by the Finder to enable AirDrop file sharing, Handoff between iCloud devices, Instant Hotspot discovery, connecting to shared computers, and accessing Remote Discs from other computers.

You'll need to search the internet for how to disable a system launchDaemon using launchctl. I don't know what is required to defeat the OS security model to allow disabling of system daemons.

launchctl is the program that loads and unloads Launch Agents and Daemons.

How to stop Sharingd from starting automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.