Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch and iphone with esim

Hi!

I have apple watch 4 series with cellular and my carrier does not support it. But my carrier supports esim for Iphone. So, if I enable esim on my iphone will it be possible to use cellular function on my apple watch? I mean to receive calls when my iphone is not nearby.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on May 7, 2020 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 11:41 AM

Your carrier has to support the apple watch in order to use the Esim that is built into your watch,the watch uses your phone's number to make calls and send texts etc.The Esim is a clone of your phone for want of a better expression.You can still make calls and send texts etc but you will have to have your phone with you.Your cellular will just act as if it is the GPS only version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Natalika_by

Your carrier has to support the apple watch in order to use the Esim that is built into your watch,the watch uses your phone's number to make calls and send texts etc.The Esim is a clone of your phone for want of a better expression.You can still make calls and send texts etc but you will have to have your phone with you.Your cellular will just act as if it is the GPS only version.

Apple watch and iphone with esim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.