Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Esim on dual physical-SIM iPhone 13PM and its compatibility of Cellular Apple Watch series 7.

I use a dual physical SIM iPhone 13 pro max. Here in Bangladesh Grameenphone is going to launch esim shortly. Can I use a esim on this iPhone? If not how can I use a esim on my cellular Apple Watch 7?

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 12:06 PM

No. The Dual physical sim iPhones do not have en eSim option due to Chinese government regulations.

You do not need eSim on the iPhone to use the eSim on the watch, they are independent. If the carrier supports the Apple Watch, they can activate it regardless of the type of SIM card in the paired iPhone.

3 replies

Mar 3, 2022 1:10 PM in response to EBRH

EBRH wrote:

Thanks a lot Phil0124. If I can use esim independently on Apple Watch, will it be the same number as the one on my iPhone? I’m new in Apple products, plz help.

Yes. The watch will use the same number as your iPhone for calls and messages.

It may get a different number for billing purposes, but this billing number can't be called or messaged.

Esim on dual physical-SIM iPhone 13PM and its compatibility of Cellular Apple Watch series 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.