Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch

Hi I’m thinking of buying a Apple Watch series 6 cellular version but my network doesn’t currently support e sim, will I still be able to receive texts and calls on the watch if I still have my phone close by even tho my network doesn’t support esim?

Posted on Apr 27, 2021 12:12 AM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2021 10:19 AM in response to Kieran1986

The GPS only Apple Watch (or a cellular that has not been activated, or a cellular that is traveling out of country) can do Everything the activated Cellular model can do AS LONG AS your iPhone is nearby, where nearby is generally somewhere in the same moderately sized home. The Cellular model allows you to leave your iPhone at home while you go for a walk, run, bike ride.

The Cellular + GPS Apple Watch shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

NOTE: It is not whether the cellular carrier offers eSIM support, it is whether the cellular provider actually supports the Apple Watch sharing your iPhone phone number.

Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.