Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Admin account won't delete

I'm trying to delete a user admin account but the system will not allow me. I have changed the password in the account to a new password but it will not accept the password when I log in the other admin account. It will not let me delete the account with the - sign in user accounts and groups. What are my options?

MacBook Pro 13", 10.15

Posted on May 7, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 5:24 PM

twright-1717 wrote:

I'm trying to delete a user admin account but the system will not allow me. I have changed the password in the account to a new password but it will not accept the password when I log in the other admin account. It will not let me delete the account with the - sign in user accounts and groups. What are my options?

You can not delete a user account that is signed in— you have to log out that user.

Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 5:24 PM in response to twright-1717

twright-1717 wrote:

You can not delete a user account that is signed in— you have to log out that user.

Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

May 8, 2020 5:34 AM in response to Brallen01

I created another admin user account and tried to delete the previous one but it will not let me. So I went back to the old account and changed the user password from inside the account. It allowed me to change the password but when I try to delete the user it doesn’t accept the password.

I may have made things worse earlier this morning when I updated from Catalina 10.15.1 to 10.15.4 and now my Internet browsers can’t connect to the internet in any user. My thunderbolt connection says it’s connected and gives an IP address but no internet access for my browsers. I’m stuck

Admin account won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.