Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how should schools manage a small pod of leased ipad pro devices

how should small schools manage a small pod of leased ipad pro devices for teachers in a school using intune for education for all other devices?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 7, 2020 6:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:13 AM

Hello sharronr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I'd recommend two short videos that may help think about answers to these questions:

IT Spotlight #1: Prepare Devices for Learners Video

and

IT Spotlight #2: Personalize Devices for Learners Video

9 replies

May 8, 2020 12:36 AM in response to David_231

They are ipad pro devices - our teachers want to try ipad pro rather than windows devices as per the rest of the school. My issue is that they are leased, so we didnt buy them and the teachers have already used their azure (intune and active directory) school email addresses with things like apple store. So we cant use their school emails as managed apple id's - wondering what other schools do?

May 10, 2020 4:42 PM in response to celliott147

Thanks for that info celliott147 its good to know that it is possible. Unfortunatly the 2 ipad pro devices arrive tomorrow and having only ever managed our school using intune devicemanagement endpoint via azure I am not sure where to start with these. I do not have an apple mac and our school cant afford to buy or lease me one. The devices are leased from a government funded agency and they haven't offered a solution apart from we should lease a mac at full price. I don't know if I should even try to manage them as they are so used to being able to purchase what they want app wise and having it right then, on their personal devices and then having full access to windows store on their work windows devices - any suggestions?

how should schools manage a small pod of leased ipad pro devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.