Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS doesn't show actual song title for random albums in album view (on Mac however everything is displayed correctly)

This has been an issue for a relatively long time and for a few dozen albums now:

For some reason my iPhone is showing mostly either the artists name, or like in this case, the first word of the genre instead of the actual song title. However this only seems to be the case in the album view on my iPhone. In song view, on my Mac and in the song info everything is displayed the way it's supposed to be.

I have already tried using a different iPhone (6) with an older iOS. I'm now using an iPhone 6s with the latest iOS. My iMac is up to date, too. This was also already an issue, before I updated to Catalina. I also tried adding text to the other text fields (composer, comments etc.) and deleting them afterwards, but it didn't help.

What's going on? Please advise.

Screenshots:

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2020 9:49 AM

3 replies

May 9, 2020 11:00 AM in response to Hubbled

Hi publicjulian,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Music on your iPhone. It seems that in Album view you aren't seeing the song title, just the genre. It looks normal elsewhere.

Did it ever look correct on your older iPhone? Did you ever have another device where it looked as you are expecting?

Are you using Apple Music or iTunes Match to sync? Or are you using a cable to your computer: Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer.

If you are syncing through Finder, try deleting the songs from the iPhone and then syncing again: Delete music, movies, and TV shows from your device.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

May 23, 2020 9:24 AM in response to brenden dv

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the Finder to sync my iPhone since iTunes was replaced by Music a couple of months ago. This has been an issue for quite some time now actually and I changed my iPhone a couple of times. The problem however remains the same on all phones, affecting the same songs – even if I delete and sync them again, or delete their song info and add it again afterwards.

iOS doesn't show actual song title for random albums in album view (on Mac however everything is displayed correctly)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.