Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app

Some song titles in the library view in the music app on my iPhone 7+ are not showing correctly. This is after updating to iOS 14.01. The title s are the in list view and are OK on my mac. I have deleted and reloaded my entire music library and it still affects the same three albums. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 26, 2020 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 12:30 PM

Hi Moonj,

these songs are on my iPhone and were downloaded from my Mac by using a cab.

le and automatic sync. The tracks were ripped from my CD collection and ALL work and show correctly on my Mac and iPad. As you can see in the picture the actual track ‘Midnight’ shows correct in the play bar but none of the tracks show correct in the library view. I have deleted the tracks from the phone and reloaded them but it still only happens on the iPhone this was only after the update to 14.1.

so it’s still not fixed. The forum post has shown as solved but it’s not and can’t seem to change the status.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 12:30 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi Moonj,

these songs are on my iPhone and were downloaded from my Mac by using a cab.

le and automatic sync. The tracks were ripped from my CD collection and ALL work and show correctly on my Mac and iPad. As you can see in the picture the actual track ‘Midnight’ shows correct in the play bar but none of the tracks show correct in the library view. I have deleted the tracks from the phone and reloaded them but it still only happens on the iPhone this was only after the update to 14.1.

so it’s still not fixed. The forum post has shown as solved but it’s not and can’t seem to change the status.

Oct 4, 2020 8:19 AM in response to Madaxeman777

Thank you for following up with us Madaxeman777,

We want to do all we can to get this issue resolved.

Since this issue has been isolated down to the sync between the Mac and the iPhone, we would like to have you upgrade your Mac to the latest version of Catalina, 10.15.7.

To do this, follow the steps in this article: Upgrade to macOS Catalina

If issues persist after upgrading to Catalina, reach out to our support team here: Get Support

Have a great rest of your day.

Oct 3, 2020 10:30 AM in response to Madaxeman777

Hey there Madaxeman777,

Thanks for reaching out. We use our Music app all the time, so if it wasn't woking correctly on our end, we'd be concerned too. Let's see how we can help.

Are you viewing this album as a part of Apple Music or iTunes Match?

Were these tracks loaded directly to your iPhone by syncing with a computer or did you re-download them from another music service?

Let's start there.

We look forward to your response.

Oct 3, 2020 6:26 PM in response to Madaxeman777

Thanks for that info Madaxeman777,

We'd like to confirm if you also have these issues with any other albums that were ripped from CDs?

We want to isolate the issue to either the source or possible software issue with iOS 14.0.1.

Also, are these CDs manufactured copies, or burnt from a digital copy to a rewritable disc?

We look forward to your response.

Oct 3, 2020 7:21 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hi, the only CDs affected are the three Original It Bites CDs, they are Big lad from the windmill (1st album), Once around the world (2nd album) and the 3rd Meet in in St. Louis, which is the bonus disk version the main album has the fault , but the bonus disk is OK. The fault only happens on my iPhone a 7+. All the cds were ripped through the iTunes app on Mac before it all became music. Before the update they were showing correctly.

Thanks for everyone’s help so far 😎

Oct 5, 2020 7:03 PM in response to barberlives123

Hi Sorry for the delay away from Mac. I was running Catalina, 10.15.6. but have since updated everything to the current releases,

I have tried the sync and nothing changed. I deleted the songs from my iPhone and reinstalled them fro the mac with the sync and the issue still persists. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to delete them from all device completely and rip the three cds again, a job for later today when I get home.

Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.