Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I am on FaceTime with someone the audio cuts out constantly

Hello,

I have a new iPhone 11 Max Pro as of December of 2019. Whenever I am on FaceTime with someone the audio cuts out constantly and they cannot hear me, as sometimes I cannot hear them. I am positive the phone doesn't have water damage or anything, so I am wondering if it is something in my settings causing this. Can someone help me out? Thank you!

Aly G.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2020 10:49 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

May 9, 2020 12:00 PM in response to aly25

Hi aly25,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having an issue with FaceTime calls on your iPhone, and I'd like to help out.

What you're describing sounds like it's possibly a network issue. Do you have the same issue using Wi-Fi and cellular data?

Did this just start happening recently? If so, it could be a bandwidth issue with the network connection, as more people are using the internet lately.

Check out the steps in these articles also, as they can help:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Take care!

May 9, 2020 12:03 PM in response to aly25

Has this issue been present since you got your phone last December or has it just started happening within the last month? Regardless, what have you tried, so far yourself, to resolve this ... other than just posting here, so we don't try providing you with potential solutions that have not already worked for you?

May 9, 2020 12:35 PM in response to aly25

The reason I asked about the time line for when this started to happen is due to the current increased Internet demand worldwide as more and more folks are either working from home, going to school from home, or just passing time by on-line gaming or video streaming. This has increased the overall Internet traffic significantly and can be "seen" by testing the link speeds between your location and where you are trying to access. The effect of this is any combination of poor video or audio quality when streaming ... FaceTime is no exception.

May 19, 2020 3:10 PM in response to aly25

I am experiencing similar issues with my iPhone 11 and talked to Apple Support and they suggested going to Cellular without Wifi to help...it seemed to help initially but now regardless of Wifi or Cellular, Facetime audio continues to cut out. Would love help/recommendations. I have had more trouble with my iPhone 11 than any other Apple device/product I've owned. (Been to Apple Store support and support tickets with Facetime echo problem as well).

Whenever I am on FaceTime with someone the audio cuts out constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.