Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very loud screeching and static on FaceTime or video calls

Hi please help me, my iPhone XR was making a LOUD noise while trying to FaceTime, I could not hear a single thing except that and it’s impossible to FaceTime. It’s loud enough that it made my family members come check on me to see what the noise was. I tried Instagram video and Snapchat video both resulting in the same sound. When I play YouTube, or music or a game with sound or even when I make a phone call everything is fine but when I use FaceTime or any video call it happens. I tried deleting FaceTime, rebooting my phone and I checked all my sound settings, to no avail. Someone please help me figure this out, my phone is still under warranty as it is not even a year old and I’m not sure what is wrong with it.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 12:23 AM

Sounds like feedback.

Take it out of the case, if it still does it go to "Contact Support" at top right of this screen (drop down arrow on phone version)

Similar questions

1 reply

Very loud screeching and static on FaceTime or video calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.