Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 13 2020 Multiple Monitors

I see that the new 2020 macbook pro 13" can support either (1) 5k, (1) 6k, or (2) 4k monitors. My question is how many regular 1080p monitors can it support? And would it be wise to buy an eGpu if I were to use 4 monitors for stock charting and trading if that were supported?

Posted on May 8, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 8:33 AM

sammedit wrote:

I see that the new 2020 macbook pro 13" can support either (1) 5k, (1) 6k, or (2) 4k monitors. My question is how many regular 1080p monitors can it support? And would it be wise to buy an eGpu if I were to use 4 monitors for stock charting and trading if that were supported?

I will say If you are connecting 4 displays, or even two displays, you are no longer talking about a portable computer. The Macbook Pro is optimized for extremely light weight and to run on battery for portability.

It would not consider a 13 MBPto be your first choice for this problem.

If you are determined why not test it with your 4 monitors and report back—

https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro-13/specs/

Use multiple displays with your Mac - Apple Support

Use multiple displays with your Mac Pro (2019) - Apple Support

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 8:33 AM in response to sammedit

sammedit wrote:

I will say If you are connecting 4 displays, or even two displays, you are no longer talking about a portable computer. The Macbook Pro is optimized for extremely light weight and to run on battery for portability.

It would not consider a 13 MBPto be your first choice for this problem.

If you are determined why not test it with your 4 monitors and report back—

https://www.apple.com/macbook-pro-13/specs/

Use multiple displays with your Mac - Apple Support

Use multiple displays with your Mac Pro (2019) - Apple Support

Use external monitors with your Mac - Apple Support

Macbook Pro 13 2020 Multiple Monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.