Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro Late 2017 T2 Chip on Mojave 10.14.6 and computer restarted because of a problem

I am having random frequent error everytime I power up my iMac Pro with a dialog box that says My Computer was restarted because of a problem or a shut down error.

But the Computer never restarts by itself or was never shut down improperly ....

It's just weird that say at night before I go to sleep I shut down my computer properly and in the morning when I wake up I get this dialog box when the imac starts that says my computer was restarted because of a problem ....

Any Idea ??

Posted on May 11, 2020 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:03 PM

I have the same issue. started happening after security 002. It only happens when you boot from power down. reboot doesn't cause the issue.

It happens only when you use Safari. if you don't use Safari and power down and turn back on. No restart warning with the bug_type 210 error.

Use Safari and you will get the error

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 6:03 PM in response to DonH49

I have the same issue. started happening after security 002. It only happens when you boot from power down. reboot doesn't cause the issue.

It happens only when you use Safari. if you don't use Safari and power down and turn back on. No restart warning with the bug_type 210 error.

Use Safari and you will get the error

May 11, 2020 11:09 PM in response to DonH49

4 hard drives ! 1 ilok, 1 super drive, 1 midi controller, 1 thunderbolt soundcard, 1 uad thunderbolt, another sound card,

I got a lot of things connected and yet it never gave me that error back in High Sierra ....

So you telling me I have to filter them because they are the issue ? I will connect one by one until the issue occurs ?

iMac Pro Late 2017 T2 Chip on Mojave 10.14.6 and computer restarted because of a problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.