Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple charged me twice for a product bought from apple store

Why did apple charge me twice for a product I’ve purchased once.

so here is the scenario about a week ago I’ve purchased the 2020 ipad pro and a 2nd gen apple pencil, upon checkout I’ve received a message from my bank that the price of the apple pencil was deducted from my account with the tax. Both products showed that it is still processing, once my Apple Pencil been shipped a week later I’ve received another message saying that the amount for the Apple Pencil was deducted again, while the ipad pro is still processing. Any ideas ?

Posted on May 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:08 PM

Apple does not charge until they actually ship the item. When you order the will place test holds on your card to see if it can cover the amount but those are eventually removed then you get the actual charge when it is shipped. It the initial test charge did not come off your account contact your bank or credit card company.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 7:08 PM in response to Apolinari0

Apple does not charge until they actually ship the item. When you order the will place test holds on your card to see if it can cover the amount but those are eventually removed then you get the actual charge when it is shipped. It the initial test charge did not come off your account contact your bank or credit card company.

Apple charged me twice for a product bought from apple store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.