Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air screen stopped working

I opened up my MacBook Air to use it, and the screen was all white with vertical lines. I never dropped it or put anything on top of it. After I left it on for a little, the display gets a oval background with 1 horizontal line through it. I tried plugging it into a external monitor with usb, nothing happened. I plugged it in my tv with the mini display port and it works. Anyone know how to fix it or if I have to get the whole display replaced?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 11, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:20 PM

The built-in Display Assembly is defective so you will need to get the laptop repaired. If Apple Stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers are not open in your region, then click on the "Contact Support" link at the top right of this page to see what options are available in your region. In some regions it may be possible to mail the laptop to Apple for repair.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 7:20 PM in response to Mdacampo

The built-in Display Assembly is defective so you will need to get the laptop repaired. If Apple Stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers are not open in your region, then click on the "Contact Support" link at the top right of this page to see what options are available in your region. In some regions it may be possible to mail the laptop to Apple for repair.

MacBook Air screen stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.