Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is safari being throttled?

I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 13.4.1 Recently I have noticed it takes forever for Safari to load anything. All other normal functions of the phone are great, emails, texts, etc. Only things that require direct import from a website like IG are mad slow... I turned off the peak performance capability, still junk. Battery life warns of significant degradation, which is fine, I don mind getting a new battery if this will fix the issue. I will be pretty upset if this is another way to push me into getting a new device by slowing down the web browser... thoughts?

I checked my internet speeds on my iPhone vrs my tablet.... The pictures are attached.... crazy difference.

iPhone 7:

Tablet: iPad Pro

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 11, 2020 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 5:05 PM

If your battery is weak the phone will slow down the processor to prevent the phone from dying in the middle of an activity. That shouldn’t affect Safari. If the phone is in low power mode, however, that might affect Safari. Download the free Speedtest.net app and try that. And also try restarting your router, and turning off Wi-Fi for a few seconds, then reconnecting.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 5:05 PM in response to iPhone715

If your battery is weak the phone will slow down the processor to prevent the phone from dying in the middle of an activity. That shouldn’t affect Safari. If the phone is in low power mode, however, that might affect Safari. Download the free Speedtest.net app and try that. And also try restarting your router, and turning off Wi-Fi for a few seconds, then reconnecting.

Is safari being throttled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.