Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit Secure Video sometimes doesn't record audio

I have two Logitech Circle 2's that are configured to record video when people are detected. The video records OK every time but occasionally without any audio. This bug is irritating, because it seems intermittent. I've enabled "Record Audio" in the "Recording Options."

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Posted on May 11, 2020 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 3:40 PM

Hello GingerRyan,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you're having an issue with HomeKit not recording audio intermittently. I'm more than happy to guide you in the right direction.

For this issue, I would recommend reaching out to Apple support via this link:

Contact Apple Support

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 3:40 PM in response to GingerRyan

Hello GingerRyan,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you're having an issue with HomeKit not recording audio intermittently. I'm more than happy to guide you in the right direction.

For this issue, I would recommend reaching out to Apple support via this link:

Contact Apple Support

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

Jun 10, 2020 12:41 PM in response to GingerRyan

I also have 3 Logitech Circle 2's that are converted to Homekit Secure Video, and although I can hear the audio when streaming the cameras live, when I access any recordings, there is no audio.

And yes, I have the option to record audio turned on for all of them. This is disappointing and there is currently no posted solution. This bug has been in place for most of the year.

HomeKit Secure Video sometimes doesn't record audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.