Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting a portion of a clip from the clip browser based on a time range

Hi,

Is it possible to select a portion of a clip from the clip browser based on a time range? I know I can use I and O to select in and out. But can I type in somewhere that I want for example, a portion of a clip from 3:23 to 4:06 and have that selection made, rather than just scrubbing through the clip, finding the right time, clicking the I key on the keyboard then finding the time again, pressing O?

Thanks

MacBook, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:15 AM

Actually, it is very easy to do.

Select the clip in the browser, by pressing X.

Click the time indicator below the viewer. It should turn blueish and show zeros.

Type the desired time, for example type 323 for 3 seconds and 23 frames, or 32300 for three minutes, twenty three seconds and zero frames and press Enter. Press I to set the in point.

Repeat similarly for the Out point.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 10:15 AM in response to tarsier123

Actually, it is very easy to do.

Select the clip in the browser, by pressing X.

Click the time indicator below the viewer. It should turn blueish and show zeros.

Type the desired time, for example type 323 for 3 seconds and 23 frames, or 32300 for three minutes, twenty three seconds and zero frames and press Enter. Press I to set the in point.

Repeat similarly for the Out point.

Selecting a portion of a clip from the clip browser based on a time range

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.