Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select in and out range with time-codes

Hi,

• Can I know how to select the range from a clip at browser by time-codes (In time and Out time). I tried adding it using Ctrl + D, but it sets out time in FCPX.

• When I select the range manually (In & Out) and if I want to change in IN time again, are there a way to change adding time-code?

Any idea ?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 10:30 AM

Cmd-P and type the timecode you want. Press I to set the In point. Repeat to enter the time for the Output. After you’ve entered the In point you can also use Cmd-D to enter a duration. If you need to go forward or backwards by a certain amount of time you can use Cmd-P and enter a + or - time. I apologize if I misunderstood the question.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2021 10:30 AM in response to bhagyaf

Cmd-P and type the timecode you want. Press I to set the In point. Repeat to enter the time for the Output. After you’ve entered the In point you can also use Cmd-D to enter a duration. If you need to go forward or backwards by a certain amount of time you can use Cmd-P and enter a + or - time. I apologize if I misunderstood the question.

Jul 2, 2021 11:08 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

It posted incorrectly. I was related to the main post and I cannot find a place to delete this reply post.

Thank you all for being support to this. All the things worked properly as mentioned by Tom. Time-code selection worked with Ctrl + P

But in case, I can't understand the + and - function, how it works. I pressed it several times and nothing changed at the time-code.

Can you please let how to work with it?

Example - Time-code remain as 1:25:00 as same while pressing the + - several times (Refer to image below)

How to select in and out range with time-codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.