Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update causing constant reboot

Looking for suggestions on how to stop mt Ipad pro from constantly rebooting. I did a requested software update to version 13.4.1 and now every few minutes my Ipad shuts off and reboots. Tried cold booting, updating all the apps and resetting all the settings. Nothing is working. Any thoughts?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 12, 2020 10:35 AM

13 replies

Jun 26, 2020 12:12 AM in response to apptastic

Sorry to learn that your iPad has contracted this constant boot/re-boot loop issue after upgrading/updated to iPadOS 13.4.1.

This seems to be a growing and recurring issue with many iPads that have been updating to iPadOS 13.4.1

Unfortunately, Apple, currently, has NO fix or solution to this issue, to date!

Other users with this issue, that have actually called into Apple support about this issue, reported were only being offered in-warranty/expensive, out-of-warranty device replacement option, in lieu of Apple support not having an actual device fix or solution for what Apple support is diagnosing as some sort of internal hardware/software failure/fault with no recovery.

Sorry.

You are free and welcome to submit feedback about this issue to Apple.

This is only one of the few ways to directly contact Apple about ANY product issues.

iPad Feedback

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You can post multiple feedback on this iPadOS/iPad boot loop issue as many times as you like to help get Apple's attention on this issue

Cognizant Apple employees read ALL feedback generated from all of the various feedback pages and transfers the data to the proper and responsible Apple teams and personnel, but NO Apple employees will ever respond with any type of direct, individual replies from the feedback you post.

The more users that post product feedback about any product issue, the faster Apple, in California, is made aware and starts working on a fix/solution for a future software update.

If no one posts feedback to Apple, Apple will have NO clue that there are any types of issues with their hardware or software products!

Also, I suggest contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with more possible ideas/solutions to this iPad boot loop issue, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, at least, logs all support calls and issues.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

May 15, 2020 9:42 AM in response to LotusPilot

I did this. I restored the ipad to factory, completely. The first time, I restored my personal data. Issue persisted. The second time I did it, I did not restore my personal data. Issue persists. It's the update. 2 ipads "within my reach" started immediately after the update to 13.4.1. Come on Apple, get your stuff together. I even upgraded to the beta 13.5 ios and the issue still persists. What the heck?!

May 15, 2020 10:07 AM in response to claribel272

You seem to be of the mistaken impression that Apple are present here - or, perhaps, that I in some way represent them...

For the benefit of clarity - everyone participating here are all end-user customers - just like you. Knowledgable contributors attempt to help others, such as yourself, with problems where and when they occur. Please be mindful, when airing you evident discontent, that directing frustration toward those who are trying to help you is not overly constructive.

As you have helpfully attempted to Restore your iPad both with - and without - restoring your data, we have usefully established that your combination of settings and data are unlikely to be a contributory factor. As such the only remaining recovery mechanism that we can try is a “DFU Restore” - this being the deepest level of recovery that we have the means to attempt.

Here is a link that details the DFU Restore procedure:

https://osxdaily.com/2010/12/04/ipad-dfu-mode/

If this procedure is not successful, my only remaining suggestion is that you seek assistance from Apple Support. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

I sincerely hope that I have been able to provide some helpful assistance - hopefully leading to eventual resolution of the problem.

Jun 26, 2020 12:04 AM in response to JeffBD

Me too. iPad 10.5 first reported being out of space, but stats showed I had 256 out of 512 free. Restarted. Same alert message. Same stats. Photos app showed only 1% of storage used, while the real number is much higher. Tried opening photos app. It crashed. Tried again, the iPad crashed and got stuck in this reboot loop.

I'm on the latest beta. Never had this happen to me on any version.

Jul 2, 2020 2:33 PM in response to MichelPM

I just got off the phone with Apple. They said it was not a reported issue and is currently not being addressed. They recommended I go into a store to run the diagnostics or send it in for a $500 repair....

I have an appointment for 530 on Saturday. Hopefully something can be done as this is my primary device for school and I have a summer course starting next week..

Jul 2, 2020 2:43 PM in response to bhugs

Apple support maybe all over the country still as many Apple employees are still working from home.

It maybe this particular Apple phone support employee has NOT heard from anyone about this issue.

As I stated in my Apple contact reply, you have the ability to calmly ask to have this issue escalated up the Apple phone support chain to higher, senior level support and if need be, all the way up to Apple engineering staff support.

Call Apple support again, and ask to have your iPad boot loop issues escalated up the support chain of command!

Reference this Apple support post and if need be make sure that the Apple phone support employees finds and reads some of the postings here in this user posting.

Try calling them again, and push your way up the support ladder!

Your local Apple Store will do virtually nothing for you!

Best of Luck to You!

Software update causing constant reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.